Italian leather shoes are renowned around the world over for their impeccable quality and craftsmanship. They provide the most comfortable support for your feet, making you feel and look good, so that you can always put your best foot forward.
As with any investment, it makes sense to invest a little time to take care of your leather shoes. They’ll reward you manyfold, if you give them a bit of attention. Let us share some basic tips on how best to look after your prized leather item.
- Avoid wearing your shoes every day. Give them every other day off, to air and dry off any existing moisture.
- Keep your shoes away from heaters and areas of high humidity.
- Don’t keep your shoes stored in a box for prolonged periods of time, as the humidity can affect the leather.
- Cedar shoe trees can substantially extend the life of your shoes, drawing away moisture and retaining its shape. Plastic and metal shoe trees are not recommended.
- Wipe down your shoes before applying the wax, to make it more porous and allow it to absorb the product better.
- Non-silicone based sprays or beeswax-based products are recommended.
- Waterproofing wears off after about six months. If the beads stop settling on the leather surface, it is a sign that it’s time for a new coat.
- There are different types of leather, such as full grain, beeswaxed and oiled, patent, or suede and nubuck. It’s best to speak to your customer service representative about what types of treatment and brushes best suit your shoes.
- Purchase a decent set of tools for maintaining your shoes at home.
Your feet take you through all the episodes of your life, and the shoes that support them play a pivotal role in that journey. Start taking care of your shoes from day one and they’ll reward you many times over.
The consultants at our store Sydney are always here to help you choose and offer tips on how to best care for your Italian designer shoes.