You open the box of your brand new Italian leather shoes and they look amazing. But you know in the back of your mind, once you wear them, they will never again be this perfect. If you properly care and store your new shoes, you can be confident that they will look as amazing every time you open the box to put them on.
Before investing in a luxury pair of Italian Shoes, consider the various leather types and select one that will suit you and your lifestyle. Each may require very specific treatment to ensure that they always look good. Your store assistant will be able to provide you with the right care tips for your specific shoe. Here are some general maintenance tips.
How to clean and polish your leather shoes
You will need to clean your shoes first before polishing. This is important as it removes all dirt and dust so the polish can condition the leather properly. Polishing your shoes will ensure they stay moist and supple.
- Use a soft bristled brush to clean off any dirt or dust.
- Then use a soft cloth to apply a suitable cleaner to the leather parts of the shoe. Use the same soft bristled brush to work the cleaner into the leather, focusing on any scuff marks.
- Let them dry for 20 minutes before polishing.
- Use a fresh soft cloth to rub conditioner over the leather in a circular motion.
- Using the same cloth, apply a colour-matched polish to the shoe. Professionals recommend a lanoline-based beeswax polish as it will soften and protect the leather at the same time.
- Wipe off excess polish with a new soft clean cloth and buff the shoe with a soft shoe brush or a pair of nylon panty hose for a super shine.
- Wait 20 minutes and apply a spray-on waterproofing repellant.
Storing your Italian Leather Shoes
Leather can dry out and crack if you leave your shoes badly stored for a long period. It is best to store shoes in a temperature-controlled area away from direct sunlight. Wrapping shoes in acid-free tissue paper and then in a plastic bag will keep dust away and keep the leather moisturised.
It is important to keep light leathers away from dark leathers as the light leather can absorb the colour of the dark and it cannot be removed.
You should always ask the shoe assistant for care tips and recommended products when purchasing your shoes. It is important to have the right tools for keeping your Italian leather shoes in tip-top shape.
Our Italian womens shoes are crafted with a dedication to detail and lasting quality, coupled with a modern elegance. We pride ourselves on providing women a combination of quality and sophistication in the latest of trends. Check out our range in-store at our QVB boutique or online at https://www.viacondotti.com.au.